Monday 29 June 2015

A Pound of Flesh - Sophie Jackson

I know I usually post about the books I am currently reading. However, I have just read an article in a local paper about A Pound of Flesh by Sophie Jackson and I really like the sound of it!

As some of you may have seen on my Facebook and Twitter accounts for this blog I have quite a collection of books on my bookshelf to read through, but this book has really caught my eye! At only £8.99 I am considering buying it and adding it to my review list.

The story talks about a girl who starts a new job as a tutor in a Brooklyn Prison and falls for the mysterious troublemaker inmate who she has past connections with.

Has anyone else read the story or know of anyone who has? I would be very interested in knowing what you think. The article in the paper has an interview with Ms Jackson and she, like myself, is a teacher who had an interest in fanfiction, I'll admit I have never written any fanfiction,  but this seems to be a brilliant way for budding new authors to start. A great way for them to share their name and their brilliant story ideas. As a child, it was always a wish of mine, to be an author, maybe I should take up fanfiction and who knows what the future might hold.

Thank you Sophie for bringing what I can only predict will be a great book to our overfilled, loved bookshelves. Steph...xx

No comments:

Post a Comment