Tuesday 23 January 2018

Three Years and 2018's Bucket List

Happy New Year Everyone!


How did you spend your new year? What did you decide to do? We spent the evening with family playing games, eating lots of food and laughing. However, the start of 2018 has brought some change in our house. We have both decided a number of things. We have decided that we ate far too much over Christmas and needed to be healthier in the new year, we wanted to be more active and go for long walks in our local countryside and we want to go on more city breaks this year. So in order to see what we have achieved over the year and what we could do to achieve these things, I created a bucket list for the year. 


There are 36 things on the bucket list. From losing weight to climbing a mountain. Including reading more books this year to completing a park run and being able to run the full 5k. I have always thought that I want to achieve a number of things in life. I want to visit places, do things, see things, so why not decide what is doable in one year. The list is on the fridge and ready for us to mark off and see what we have done.
One of the things on the list is to ensure I write at least 3 posts a month on this blog. I have been massively neglectful of this blog and posting things and I need to improve how often I am posting and the variety of what I am posting. So I will absolutely be posting more often.

Another big milestone which needs recognising is that Three Minutes and Forty Five Seconds has been functioning for three whole years! I am so happy and proud of everything that I have achieved through this blog. There has been a massive viewing of over 9,000. I can't believe so many of you have viewed my blog over three years. It means so much to me. I have been in touch with a number of authors and I have gone from strength to strength both in my personal life and my professional life.


I started this blog as a hobby where I wanted to share my love of books, I was a trainee teacher at Northumbria in a very down, placement where I was not happy. However, now I am a fully qualified primary school teacher, living in my own house, in a long-term relationship working at a secondary school with my own group of children. I love my job and I love my life.


I have such hope and excitement for this year to come. I am planning on visiting a number of places I have not spent much time at before, Amsterdam, Edinburgh, Berlin, the Peak District, London and so many new places near to where I live.

I just wanted to thank you all and wish you all a happy and prosperous 2018! You can make this year whatever you want, 1st January was your first page of a 365-page book, cheesy I know, but it is true! Do what you can and make the most of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment