Sunday 17 April 2016

Dead Man's Cove and Poppy Loves Book Club

The last time I wrote to you all, I was just starting Dead Man's Cove by Lauren St John. I am now approximately half way through the book, check out my progress at Goodreads .


I am really enjoying this book! The kids started reading the book this week in school. We are currently at chapter 4 and Laura has arrived at her uncle's house. She has started to explore the town of St Ives. I particularly enjoy that the roads and areas mentioned in the story are real places in St Ives. I have finally found out what exactly Dead Man's Cove actually is! Specifically, why Calvin will not let Laura go there alone. Completely understand his concerns and worries. Although, I have a feeling Laura will not stick to this rule and she will venture herself to find out what is in Dead Man's Cove. Only time will tell.

Excitingly, I have found a great online book club. Poppy Loves Book Club is a book club which has been set up for a range of people. The great thing about this book club is if you can not make the monthly meeting then you can join in online. The last Wednesday of each month is designated to the online chat about that month's book. We also get to talk to the author themselves about what we all thought about their book. This is a very exciting time and I can't wait to join in!

This month's book is In a Dark Wood by Ruth Ware, although I have not read this month's book, due to joining late, I will be trying to join in in a range of books over the coming months. I am very excited about this prospect.

Finally, I am still reading The Book Thief. Although, I have not progressed my development through the book. I will be working my way through this book as I come to the end of Dead Man's Cove.

Absolutely finally! I am going to see the new Jungle Book tonight! This is a classic and I absolutely love the cartoon, animated film. I only hope this film can live up to my expectation! So excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment