Wednesday 3 August 2016

Hello the summer holidays!

Hello!!

I can only apologise once again for the length of time it has taken me to post another blog. I have had so much going on! I finished work just over 2 weeks ago. What an amazing experience that was working with a group of children for 8 months and the great staff. It was a great shame to have to leave in July, but I am sure I will be in regular contact with everyone and I will see everyone soon.


I have also had the amazing experience of travelling to Switzerland with the Guides. We went for 9 days and wow! It was great! I would absolutely recommend anyone to go and visit. There are amazing views, amazing people and amazing food! We visited a variety of different towns and cities including Bern, Interlaken, Grindelwald, Zwischenfluh amongst many others! If you every get the chance go visit!


So back onto books! I had planned to read Bridget Jones' Diary. However...I have a book written by Iain Reading to read which I have been asked to read. Once again I am more than happy to read a great book written by Iain, I have read 2 of his books before and have thoroughly enjoyed them! This time, I am reading The Dragon of the Month Club. I am already 125 pages through, although I haven't updated my Goodreads page to say this, SORRY!  I will do it now! I promise!











AND!!!!!! I am absolutely over the moon to announce that I have received the new Harry Potter book! Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. I pre-ordered this book in February as soon as I heard it was being released. Sorry, it's not a book, it's a playscript, everyone calls it a book but let's be professional! The PLAYSCRIPT arrived the day I came home from Switzerland. I am determined to avoid what happens in the story, please do not ruin it for me! I have gone out of my way to hide posts on Facebook which have tried to tell me what happens.  I have been waiting for this day since I was 15. The day has come and I can now finally find out what has happened to Harry. So after the Dragon of the Month club will be my next review. Miss Jones will have to take a back seat for a little while!

So, guys, that is an update on what has been happening in the past few weeks. It is my birthday on Monday so will have lots more to update on about what I have been up to as I have A LOT planned for that week. Hopefully, I will have the time to fit the books in too. Once again thanks for reading and let me know what is on your bookshelf at the moment. Steph xx

No comments:

Post a Comment