Tuesday 14 February 2017

"I'd love to read but I just don't have the time!"

Really? Really? I mean come on! How can you not have time? Do you really, honestly, find yourself busy 24/7? You honestly don't have any time to yourself where you could find 10 or 20 minutes to just chill out with a book and do nothing but think about your fiction world? I mean I am a primary school teacher, if anyone can understand about the time their day job takes up it is me! I work during the day, I work from 8 till 6 quite often and come home and continue to work some nights and continue nearly all day Sunday. I still read. I read and have a blog.

It only takes a small time in your day to get into a book and to make a dent in any book. Whether that is on a morning as you are eating your breakfast, on your lunch break as you are spending your own time how you would like or once you get into bed, usually when I read, to try and unwind after a hard day.

I have seen people at work read on their lunch hour, I have seen people read on their commute to work - whether that is on a bus or on a train, I myself find time to read at the gym - I use my time on the bike productively for this, rather than watching the TV or listening to music, I go and get my book and spend about 30 minutes cycling my heart out but reading my book. Pedal your backside off whilst getting lost in The Shire, Hogwarts, Narnia, or wherever your book takes you. My current read takes me to Cumbria with Mr Walter Hartright to look into The Woman in White.


Believe me, there are loads of times you can find the time to read books. My absolute favourite time to read, is on holiday. I love the time I spend around the pool or the beach and just chill and do nothing else but read and sunbathe. I have booked a holiday to Pula in Croatia this year and we have planned to explore the Roman remains and architect, I have a feeling I won't have a lot of time to sunbathe and read but I WILL find the time! I will get through at least one book in my time on holiday. My partner knows this and he knows my love for books. We were visiting our local town at the weekend and passing the bookstore and he suggested going in and buying myself a treat, I have a keeper I know! Upon going in I see there is Daniel Pascoe, the local author or London Sniper and Dead End. Absolutely, had to buy his signed books! These books amongst an illustrated copy of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, and two bargain buys from a charity stall in Tesco were my book buys for this week. 


I feel I have drifted off! "I'd love to read but I just don't have the time!" lies!! All lies! Everyone has time. If you have kids then when they go to bed and your partner/husband is sitting playing Fifa on the Xbox then there's your time. He whinges at you not doing the cleaning/washing up/ironing? Then what exactly is he doing with his own spare time? Playing on the Xbox? Yeah, I'm reading!

There is always time to read and there is always time to take the time to yourself. Whether this is at home, on holidays, at the gym, at mother and toddlers, at work. Take the time, enjoy yourself and embrace it. Do not let anyone take this time from you. Pick up a book which you have been meaning to read for ages, pick up a book which you have read before, pick up a book which you know is a classic, just do it!

"I'd love yo read but I just don't have the time!", pah is what I have to say to you, pah!

No comments:

Post a Comment