Tuesday 27 October 2015

A look into my pride and joy...my bookshelf

Hello!

I am wanting more and more of my readers to speak to me and I believe the way to do this is to speak to you more. I can't possibly expect you to speak to me if I'm not speaking to you can i?!

Well this is going to change from more on! I have previously been posting a blog roughly once a month and it has occurred to me that this is not enough! How can I possibly expect to continue hearing from you lovely readers if you're not hearing from me through my posts.

So my plan is...to update you on what is currently happening in my life and then to let you in on one of my most precious possessions. My book shelf! My bookshelf is one of the most important things to me, might sound sad to any none book lovers, but us "die hards" can recognise true book love when you see it. 




Presently in my life I am enjoying the luxury which is half term! I have a week off. Well technically it was 9 days and I currently only have 5 more days left, but 9 whole days!! I have recently been working as a supply teacher in a range of primary schools all over Teesside, no matter what people say, I still think it's one of the best places to live! Moving swiftly on before starting an argument! I have also been accepted for a position teaching in a primary school on a maternity cover starting in January. So excited that I get my own class of children to mould and develop their love for reading! It is my aim to create a school blog for the children. I am hoping to create a book club in school and post a number of reviews which the children have created themselves. Watch this space for that development, fingers crossed.

So moving onto the bookshelf. My book shelf is constantly changing its content as I am always buying new and different books, which my mum and my boyfriend hate me doing, apparently I don't have enough space to buy more books. Well get me a library! That's the simple answer obviously. Yeah, like that's going to happen any time soon. A girl can dream, baby steps, baby steps.

So here it is... here is the bookshelf in question. I thought it would be best to take off the things I have on my bookshelf, that aren't  books but then I thought, no! I use it every day so why should I make it look like it's not a loved piece of furniture in my bedroom.

Now onto the actual content of the bookshelf. The bottom shelf, in theory, is the shelf I start reading my books from. They are the books which I have had the longest. This plan does not always work as I buy a wide range of books and some are far more appealing to read before others. Sorry but that's just the way it is sometimes. For example, I have Ann Frank to read, she is the first book on the bottom shelf,, so in theory she would be the first book I read, she's been sat there for at least 3 years. I know it's a classic. I know I should read it and I will, I promise, eventually.

There is a huge range of books on this book shelf. I am going to go through some books which I am particularly looking forward to reading and I hope you share the same enjoyment of them as I do.

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
I have all three of these books but have not yet read them. I have seen two of the films and I will read them. I enjoyed the films very much so and I look forward to reading them. I bought them a number of years ago when the films first came out. They were a bargain in a local book shop, couldn't resist really.

The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien 
I certainly did not pay the price which is on the link provided above for these four books. I will admit though that I have The Hobbit on my Kindle too. I will also admit I have not seen The Lord of the Rings films all the way through, The Hobbit however I have seen! That I enjoyed. These will hopefully make an appearance on the blog in the near future.

A Large Range of Cathy Glass Books
I honestly have about fifteen of her books. There are too many which I own to list, but I know I thoroughly enjoy reading them. I have read a number of other books by Cathy Glass and I am always hopeful when starting a new book. I have to be prepared when reading one of her books cause I am bound to be upset at the story. As these are non-fiction books I cannot help but become involved in the book and want the best for the children she is discussing. 

Dream a Little Dream by Giovanna Fletcher
I have always been a huge Mcfly/Mcbusted fan. So when I saw the wife of one of my favourite members was publishing her own book, well it was a no brainer that I had to have it. I had to have this book in my life. It was published in June 2015, however I was unable to find it in any shops, but I went to Dublin for a mini break in August and what did I find!! Dream a Little Dream was one of the souvenirs which I brought back from my own little dream trip to the Emerald Isle.

Skellig by David Almond
I have read this before but wow I love it! I read it while in school and it is a book which has stuck with me for years. Mum and I talk about it frequently as we read it together and we discuss the bits we mostly like about Skellig. The descriptions and the imagery David Almond creates of Skellig is amazing. I was lucky enough to receive a signed copy of Skellig whilst I was at Seven Stories in Newcastle. Seven Stories is one of the most amazing museums I have ever been too, if it can be called a museum. It is incredible. If you are a book lover get yourself there as they regularly have signed copies of books and the most beautiful exhibitions of  authors and illustrators.

All amazing books and all amazing authors. I have a huge amount of others books on the bookshelf, The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult, Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin (OMG), The White Queen Series by Philippa Gregory amongst many many others.

I hope this has been an incite into my bookshelf and I hope it inspires you to create your bookshelves and expand your current reading. Let me know what you are currently reading and what you think of the books on my shelf...Steph xx

No comments:

Post a Comment