Friday 30 October 2015

My Fictional Bucket List


Hello, everyone. 

I have watched and read a number of other people talking about who they would like to meet in their fictional bucket list so I thought I would weigh in on the discussion. For those who do not know, a fictional bucket list is characters you would like to meet from any fictional text and where you would go and what you would do with them.

So I have tried to think about which books I would like to include and which characters I would meet. If only, all this was possible!!

So here we go...




     1. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J. K. Rowling



I may not have yet revealed to you...I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan. I have tried to keep this under wraps because had I have let it out in the open before now all I would be talking about would be Harry Potter books and articles and what new merchandise I had bought...anyway... I would choose to take a ride on the Hogwarts Express with Harry and Ron, this would be the dream. I would also then love to continue into the Great Hall and share a banquet meal with them. OMG yes, please!


      2. Goodnight Mr Tom by Michelle Magorian



This book is a favourite of mine from an early age. I would choose to go and spend the afternoon with Tom and William. I absolutely loved this book as a child and no matter how many time I watched it or read it I would cry for hours and want to bring William home to come and live with my family and I. Both William and Mr Tom are characters who I would definitely take some words of wisdom from.

     3. Rocco by Sherryl Jordan



If you have not read this book you need to get it in your life! I read this with my mum when I was about 7. I bought it at a book fair when I was still at Primary School and I can honestly say it has bene one of the best books I read as a child. It kept both my mum and I interested throughout and the ending was not expected. I would choose Rocco on my bucket list because when I was a child I wanted him as my friend. I wanted to share the adventures he had in the tribe he was living with. I would choose him as I would hope to be able to explore and be involved in some of the experiences he has and hope to be part of that ear of history.

    4. Beauty and the Beast by Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve



Have you seen the library in Beauty and the Beast? Need I say more? This would be the reason why I would have been happy being kept in the castle with Beast. I would live in that library. It has always been a dream of mine to own a library similar to Beast's. To be able to have ladders between the bookshelves and push along to get from book to book. Yes, please. Definitely a visit to the castle would be in order on my fictional bucket list.

    5. Ice Cream Girls by Dorothy Koomson



I would love to spend time with both Serena and Poppy during their time of abuse by their teacher to make them aware of how silly and childish they are being. Being enticed into an adults world whilst still at secondary school all for "the love" of their teacher. Not only would I offer my advice to the girls I definitely want to give Marcus a piece of my mind. After reading the book, I could have done what they tried to. If you have not read this passionate, upsetting, amazing story, do so! It is one of the best books I have read to date and I loved it.

      6. Blood Brothers by Willy Russell



Now I am aware Blood Brothers is a play, but I do have a copy of the script in a book format. So I am going to use this piece of fiction and select Mickey as the character which I would like to meet in my bucket list. He is such a lost soul all his life. All he wants is someone to love him, someone to care for and a good, honest life. This is something he struggles to achieve due to the surroundings he lives in, his family and the twin brother he never knows about, his blood brother. I would meet Mickey to tell him everything will be okay, things will get better and if things don't get better in the end then it's not the end.

So there you have my fictional bucket list. There are so many more I could choose from, but these are a select few. These are the people I would choose to meet and why. Please let me know who would be on your fictional bucket list? What do you think of mine? ...Steph xx

No comments:

Post a Comment